Mullaney, Keating & Wright utilizes a comprehensive approach to planning that thoroughly evaluates an individual’s or family’s total financial picture. Areas examined include:
- Current financial status – assets, liabilities, cash flow.
- Special situations – disabled children, dependent adults, education, closely held business sale.
- Risk management – insurance needs versus existing coverage in the areas of life, disability, health, auto, homeowners, long-term care, and personal/professional liability.
- Investments – asset allocation, diversification, risk reduction.
- Income taxes
- Estate planning – potential tax liability, required documents.
As part of a personal meeting, clients receive a written report that summarizes our findings. A variety of financial schedules and projections are included, along with a checklist of items that require follow-up. If requested, we can periodically review and adjust the plan to account for changes in the client’s situation.
Mullaney, Keating & Wright can directly implement and manage the investment component of the plan.
For issues which require specialized services that are outside our area of expertise (tax, legal, insurance) we will work with the client’s existing advisor(s) to formulate an appropriate strategy. Since we offer financial planning services on a fee-only basis, we do not receive any compensation for recommending insurance products, tax, or legal services. We can assist you in the selection of qualified professionals that offer these products or services.